Thursday, March 24, 2011

Work Space



A workspace should be functional and pretty. This lacquered desk from Target and chair from Ikea get the job done with clean lines {plus simplicity lends itself to great inexpensive options}. I chose a color palette of black, white, silvery blue, and muted yellow. Then, I like to add details that evoke lovely memories. My husband gave me a vintage girl’s porcelain tea set from the 1900s last Christmas. I picked up the vintage clock at the Strasbourg flea market. And my husband’s parents gave me this print at our wedding because it reminded them of me on our first windy trip to Paris.



Desk: Target
Chair: Ikea
Cut glass lamp from the 1950s: vintage
Lamp shade: Ikea
Maudit Vent print: Paris street vendor
Candle: Cire Trudon
Josephine bust: Waterloo gift shop
Girl’s porcelain tea set: vintage
Desk calendar: Cavallini & Co.
Clock: vintage
Jewelry tray: Anthropologie
Pocket watch solid perfume: Modern Alchemy
Pencil holder: Anthropologie
Pencils: Staples
Folders: Staples
Lace handkerchief: vintage
Silk dupioni curtains: Pottery Barn

No comments:

Post a Comment