Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Old World Glamour



Stanley Hagler bracelet, from the 1980s

Vintage jewelry always intrigues me; I imagine a glamorous life of the woman who wore the pieces. Vintage costume jewelry makes a big impact without necessarily breaking the bank. I find vintage costume jewelry anywhere from flea market piles, thrift shops, and specialty antique dealers.

For grand occasions, my favorite vintage costume jewelry designers are Miriam Haskell and Stanley Hagler, known for faux pearls and wire-wrapped glass beads. The pearl and rhinestone bracelet above was given to me by my mother and will be my “something old” at my wedding.


Miriam Haskell earrings, from the 1950s


Miriam Haskell necklace, from the 1950s


Stanley Hagler bracelet, from the 1980s

No comments:

Post a Comment