Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Ode to Florence


Duomo and Battistero

Florence holds a special place in my heart. I spent a semester there studying architecture during undergrad. So when I return to the city, I seek out old favorites. Whether it’s a café seat to admire the Renaissance buildings {and a bombalone donut} or an outdoor flea market with hand-painted ceramics, everything brings back memories. Here are some of my favorite sights {and tips for easy access}. I’ll share more on Florence this week.

Boboli Gardens and Palazzo Pitti

Loggia degli Uffizi

Santa Croce


Bargello

Florence Sights
~Bargello for Donatello’s bronze David

~Boboli Gardens and Palazzo Pitti for expansive views of Florence

~Galleria dell’Accademia for Michaelangelo’s Statue of David
~Galleria degli Uffizi for Botticelli’s Primavera
~Santa Croce for the tombs of Galileo, Machiavelli, Dante, and Michelangelo
~Santa Maria del Fiore for the iconic Duomo, Campanile, and Battistero

*Tickets for the Bargello, Accademia, Uffizi, and Medici Chapels can be booked directly through the Florence Culture Ministry official website

No comments:

Post a Comment