Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Turkish Delight


Chocolate baklava from Baklavaci Said

After a long hiatus, I’m back. I just returned from a trip to Istanbul, and the city was amazing. From the maze of streets in the Grand Bazaar, the mosaics spanning the vaulted ceilings of the Hagia Sophia, or the delicious baklava and lokum {Turkish delight}, I was on sensory overload. To start, here are some of my favorite sweets from the trip.

Turkish delight from the Spice Bazaar

Marshmallow and rosewater treats from Cigdem


Bird’s nest with pistachios {kadayif} from Saray

1 comment:

  1. Your post about baklava is very good. Also this baklava looking so yummy and delicious. Many people have questions from where to buy baklava online. Well I want to tell my friends that there are many good sites from there you can buy this baklava. But I personally recommend to go Dubai's baklava online shop because after Turkish Dubai is the second best one for baklava.

    ReplyDelete