Friday, October 22, 2010

Paris


Paris is my favorite city. Now that I live in Germany, I can take the train and be in Paris in five hours. I’m a California girl, and it would take me five hours to drive to Los Angeles. I was in Paris last week to finalize details for my wedding next Spring. I love wandering the streets with my list of things to see and eat. Here are a few spots. Next week, I’ll show more.

Sights
Along with The Thinker, The Musée Rodin showcases many other works by French sculptor Auguste Rodin in perfectly manicured gardens.


Musée Rodin, 79 rue de Varenne
Coat: Milly

Shops
Galerie Vivienne is a neo-classical shopping gallery with beautiful mosaic tile floors. It is packed with great shops and cafés, including A Priori Thé {almond tart}, La Marelle {designer consignment}, and Wolff et Descourtis {silk and wool scarves}.


Galerie Vivienne, rue Vivienne and rue des Petits Champs

Sweets
Mont blancs at Café Angelina. The light meringue and whipped cream base mix with an intensely sweet and dense chestnut cream topping. I was on a lovely sugar high after eating one accompanied by their rich hot chocolate.

Café Angelina, 226 rue de Rivoli

Eats
For a late afternoon lunch at 3pm, there was still a wait at Le Comptoir. With good reason, the foie gras with caramelized onions was delicious. I also had an enormous cheeseboard with rustic bread for 9€ and a glass of house white wine for 3€.


Le Comptoir, 9 carrefour de l’Odéon

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tiff!
    Yummy Eats! And luv that collar on your tan sweater. Can't wait for your wedding in the "City of Lights!"


    -We miss u<3

    ReplyDelete